|Goodsell Museum||Home Link|
|TOWN OF WEBB HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION|
|P. O. Box 513, Old Forge, NY 13420 ~ Phone/Fax: 315 369-3838|
|Museum Hours: Tuesday through Saturday - 10am - 3pm ~ or by appointment|
All Aboard – Up the Tracks
above taken in 1892 when Dr. William Seward Webb's
Mohawk & Malone Railroad reached Fulton Chain, 2 miles south of Old Forge, NY.
The Arnold's House on the hillside was built by Charles Frederick Herreshoff during his stay in Brown's Track from 1811 - 1819.
This exhibit was on display at the Goodsell Museum from November 23, 2007 through October 31, 2008. Featured were photographs of railroad passenger stations, sidings, and flag stops in the Town of Webb and neighboring communities. The photos showed evidence of services such as water towers, bunk houses, and tool houses.
The exhibit also contained maps and information of many of the railroads through the Town of Webb area including the early Peg Leg Railroad, Adirondack and St. Lawrence, Fulton Chain Railroad, Raquette Lake Railway and industrial railroads. Artifacts on display included signs, spikes, date nails, trunks, lanterns, New York Central china, books, locks, tickets and timetables. Interactive exhibits included a lighted map and telegraph key.
One of the 2008 Exhibit Rooms with Director Gail Murray
|Goodsell Museum ~ TOWN OF WEBB HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION|
|Information provided is from the best knows sources and is subject to change.||Permission to copy any or all of this document must be obtained in writing by contacting the Town of Webb Historical Association, P. O. Box 513, Old Forge, NY 13420|
|These records are provided for not-for-profit research purposes only.|
|Please contact the Historical Association’s Director at 315-369-3838 or by E-Mail. To share additional information about information that can be added to our files.|
|Use BACK button to return to previous page or click HOME LINK.|